Tuesday, August 19, 2008

SLOVAKIA!!

Well, I am finally here. I only say finally because it took me two delayed flights, missing two flights, two lost bags, and a breakdown in the Frankfurt airport to finally get me here! And it all started because there was a bird on the plane in Denver! Needless to say, there were many confused passengers, de-boarding the plane with said bird, and a subsequent three hours of delayed flight. ACH! I am still waiting for the luggage to catch up with me...



In other worlds, Slovakia is a crazy place! It is beautiful here right now, and I got to take pictures of and visit old town last night. I will certainly put up some pictures of that. I am learning Slovak and know how to say essentials like thank you and ice cream. I also learned what a frog says in Slovak! Any guesses?!



Wow, Europe is kind of a crazy place! I love that guys wear capris and people walk everywhere, then there are the smokers everywhere and way to much PDA. I walked on cobblestone streets for the first time in my life, and had gelat0...mmmm.



I get to find out about my school tomorrow and move into my apartment on Saturday! Woot! Enjoy the pics :D





View of the city
My Posessions Right Now :(

Old Town


John, pointing out the original entrance to old town, and the path kings and queens used to travel to be coronated.

The Cathedral in Old Town


Cathedral Again...


Beautiful!


Cannonball left in the cathedral by Napoleon!



Some of the people I will be teaching with!

Hans Christian Anderson



The Bratislava Castle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah the fun of planes, and missing planes, and having birds on planes... ok that one is new to me. But maybe he just wanted to catch a lift, rest his arms a bit.

Glad that you got in safely, if not in a timely manner. Has your lugage caught up with you yet? All that time spent packing down the drain:0)

Addie said...

Oh Maika! I'm happy to hear you made it, at least :-) The city looks beautiful. Good think you packed that extra set of carry-on clothing and essentials for just such a situation!